COLONY FEST 2018
More than 20 troupes will enter this five-night improv comedy competition, but only one will be crowned Colony Fest 2018 champions. Come cast a vote each night to help us decide who goes on to the finals and a chance to win the opportunity to work with a Planet Ant director to create a new original comedy show that will be featured in our 2018-19 season.
Colony Fest runs 07/17/18 Tuesday - 07/20/18 Friday with the final on 07/21/18 Saturday.
$30 Discounted early registration ends 6/30/18
$40 Extended Registration ends 7/7/18.
Tuesday - Friday winners a decided by audience vote. All paid tickets are eligible for audience vote. All troupe members are able to purchase tickets but are not required. Only 1 ticket may be purchased per person, per night.
Individuals may be in as many troupes as they wish. Planet Ant Home Team members are ineligible. Only members performing on the final night are considered part of the winning troupe.
Saturday night final winner is chosen based on panel choice.
All performance dates are decided on a first submitted first served basis.
All performance times will be decided based on a random lottery draw at 7:30pm on the day of the show. A troupe representative must be on location to draw or a time will be drawn for them.
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN UNTIL MIDNIGHT ON JULY 7
Early Registration (through June 30, 2018) - $30
Late Registration (through July 7, 2018) - $40
*Accepted performers will be notified of submission status, via email, on or before July 9, 2018.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR ACT YOUR FEE MUST BE PAID; YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER IS GIVEN TO YOU UPON PAYMENT.
Tournament Registration and Rules
- Home Team Members are not permitted to compete in Colony Fest.
- Farm Team members may compete, as long as the troupe is not comprised of a majority of Farm Team members (troupe composition refers to those present on the day of performance).
- Registration opens on 6/6/2018 and closes on 7/7/2018.
- Registration fee must be paid online to submit.
- Accepted performers will be notified on or before 7/9/2018.
- Four finalists will be chosen by audience votes on the first four nights of the festival.
- Performers who purchase a ticket are eligible to cast one vote.
- The overall winner will be determined on 7/21/18 by a panel of professional judges.
- The winning troupe will work with a Planet Ant director to develop and produce a show in the Planet Ant Black Box in the 2018-2019 Theatrical Season.