About The Ant Process:
In this advanced program, students will learn Planet Ant’s unique process for creating an original comedy play from improvisation. Participants will be paired with a Planet Ant director who will lead them through this 18 week program.
The Ant Process is broken down into three distinct sections. In the first part of the program you will work on building the strength of your ensemble and fine-tuning your improv skills. Next, your group will begin to mine their improv work for the best scenes and learn to translate them to fully fleshed out scripts as you begin shaping an original one-act play. Finally, your scripts will be put on it's feet and tweaked, culminate in a two weekend run of an original comedy production that you helped create. All participants will split 20% of the box office receipts from the run!
Students are excepted into The Ant Process by audition only. This program is open to improvisers with a year or more of previous training. Interested parties are strongly encouraged to complete our leveled classes to fully prepare themselves for The Ant Process.
AUDITION REGISTATION INFO
We're happy that you are interested in The Ant Process. Please read all the information below to make sure you qualify for the before filling out the form to register for an audition slot.
- Each Ant Process class will be limited to 4-6 students as determined by an improvisational audition attended by members of our Home Team.
- Students who have completed our Intermediate program will have a better chance of being accepted into the Ant Process.
- You must have at least one year of improv training and stage experience to be considered for this program.
- Show dates are TBD. You must be available for all show dates to participate in the Ant Process.
- This is a writing intensive class. Students should be prepared to write outside of class each week!
- Class dates will be determined by the instructor and the students after the class members have been chosen.
- Please note that the class will likely meet twice a week or more leading up to the show.
- The Ant Process registration fee is $450 per student. This can be paid in full at the start of the program or in 3 installments of $150. Payment due dates will be determined upon acceptance into the program.
- That’s right! The cast will make money based on ticket sales for their July show dates, splitting 20% of the profits from all the performances among each cast member.
More questions? Contact us